A Facebook page declared October 1 National Wear V-Neck Day in Malaysia in response to a parenting guide just published by the country’s education ministry with tips on how to spot gays and lesbians. Here’s the government’s field guide to the homosexual species, as reported by Free Malaysia Today–helpfully, the list includes the “inclination to be attracted” to people of the same sex:
- Muscular body and a fondness for showing off the body by wearing clothing, such as by wearing V-necks and sleeveless tops
- A preference for tight and bright coloured clothes
- An inclination to be attracted to men
- A tendency to carry big handbags, similar to the kinds used by women
- Showing attraction to women
- Distancing themselves from women other than their girlfriends
- A preference for hanging out, sleeping and dining with women
- Absence of feelings for men
One hundred and seven people had signed up for National Wear V-Neck Day on the page created by Adam Mosby Sharizman within hours of its posting. Sharizman wrote,
I love wearing V necks. Now they’re being discriminated. So are my friends. Lets wear v-necks to show our love for v-necks and to support our friends.
One commenter replied,
HEY I JUST MET YOU, your collar looks V, but here’s my number, so call me maybe?